Jobs at City Car Club
Want to be part of the City Car Club team?
City Car Club is the UK’s leading car club, providing a cost effective, hassle-free and greener alternative to car ownership. We’re a young, dynamic and creative company in an exciting and innovative industry.
With membership increasing year on year, we’re growing at a rapid pace and as a result are always on the look out for new talent to join the team. City Car Club is an equal opportunities employer.
Please take a look at our current vacancies below or if you can’t see anything suitable but still think you have something to offer us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
No employment agencies please.
Accountant – Leeds based. Salary circa £25k depending on experience
We are looking for an experienced accounting professional to join a busy finance department and assist the Head of Finance in running all aspects of the accounts function.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Preparation of monthly sales invoices and management information for key member accounts
- Preparation of monthly management information covering performance of vehicles and locations
- Responsibility for processing the company payroll (via outsourced agency)
- Payment and processing of staff expenses
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT return
- Profit and Loss analysis and cost control to identify areas of potential saving
- Overseeing the recharging of costs to members (penalty charges, accident damage etc)
- Other ad-hoc duties as required including deputising for the Head of Finance
Who are we looking for?
- Previous experience in a technical accounting role is essential
- Accounting qualification desirable but will consider qualification by experience
- A hard worker with a proactive approach
- A well organised individual with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good IT skills, especially excel are essential. Knowledge of Sage Line 50 preferred.
- Friendly and approachable manner with the ability to fit in with a small head office team
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for this role to email@example.com
Marketing Executive – Salary circa £22k – Leeds based
Raising awareness of the UK’s largest car club across all our 16 cities is no small feat; as such we’re looking to add another creative thinker to our small but perfectly formed marketing team. Reporting directly to our Head of Marketing, you’ll take primary responsibility for the below areas and will work very closely with our current Marketing Executive to ensure a consistent brand message is sent across all channels.
- Member communications (you’ll have an instinctive awareness of how incredibly important this element of our mix is) – writing copy, liaising with our clubhouse team and getting creative.
- PR – you’ll be the day to day contact for our PR agency; feeding them information, facts and ideas, proof reading releases and supporting some exciting national projects
- Direct mail – distribution planning, creative formulation, working with our regional teams to build really successful campaigns.
- Outdoor advertising – think billboards, bus stops and phone boxes. Think beyond this and we’d love to hear from you.
- Social media – we have plenty to talk about, you’ll be our voice in responding to contact as well as proactively keeping in touch and engaging with our followers.
You will be confident in providing monthly reports on your primary areas (you’re definitely not scared of Excel) and will love nothing better than brainstorming campaigns within the team. Passion and ambition is far more important than bags of experience, although if it’s in the areas above then that’s appreciated too. One non-negotiable is standard of English – for you to succeed it will have to be excellent.
Getting excited? Then email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter that explains why you’re keen about this role in particular. We really don’t want to hear from agencies right now.