Jobs at City Car Club
Want to be part of the City Car Club team?
City Car Club is the UK’s leading car club, providing a cost effective, hassle-free and greener alternative to car ownership. We’re a young, dynamic and creative company in an exciting and innovative industry.
With membership increasing year on year, we’re growing at a rapid pace and as a result are always on the look out for new talent to join the team. City Car Club is an equal opportunities employer.
Please take a look at our current vacancies below or if you can’t see anything suitable but still think you have something to offer us, please email email@example.com.
No employment agencies please
Customer Service Advisor, Leeds
We are looking for a customer service advisor to join our professional and friendly Clubhouse team; with a membership base in excess of 30,000 people, currently sharing 800 vehicles across 18 cities in England, Scotland and Wales we are looking to add an extra pair of hands to ensure we meet member demand and keep great customer service at the core of our business.
The successful candidate will be passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and have previous experience in a customer facing environment.
This is an exciting and rewarding role for someone looking for a fresh challenge in a new and fast growing industry. The position is 40 hours per week and will include working a shift pattern between the hours of 0800 to 2000 Monday to Friday with one Saturday per month. This is a full time position. Hourly rates of up to £8.00 will be paid, dependent upon experience.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Processing new applicants from initial application to issuing membership packs
- Proactively monitor the bookings activity on screen to anticipate and, thereby, avoid any availability issues.
- Respond to requests from existing members to make or change bookings.
- Assisting members with any in car technology, car maintenance or parking problems, and liaising, as appropriate, with technology suppliers, roadside assistance companies and local authority parking services departments.
- Respond to membership enquiries received on-line or by phone.
- Follow up all membership enquiries to an agreed timetable and frequency.
- Ensure that the applicants meet the approved insurance criteria.
- Assist in credit control
Experience and person specification
- Previous work experience in a customer service or technical help desk environment
- Good IT skills, database and CRM experience desirable
- Confident phone manner
- Friendly personality
- Ability to communicate clearly and calmly
- Good organisation and prioritisation skills
- Good at working under pressure
- Ability to work well in a team
- Fluent English
- Driving licence and knowledge of cars useful but not essential
- Passionate about delivering exceptional customer service
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter note advising why you would be suitable for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Development and Locations Executive – £30k to £35k – Leeds based
City Car Club is a leading and long standing major player in the fast growing car sharing/car club sector in the UK. With a membership in excess of 30,000 currently sharing 800 vehicles across 18 cities in England, Scotland and Wales, City Car Club is looking to strengthen its revenue by increasing the number of locations in which vehicles can be sited. This will be achieved by working with property developers and construction companies around the UK, through section 106 agreements, and voluntary commercial arrangements.
The ‘Development and Locations Executive’ will work with the Head of Locations to maximise the growth and revenue potential of the London developer market and exploit opportunities elsewhere in the UK.
The role will be based in City Car Club’s Leeds Head Office with regular travel to London and other cities as required.
Successful candidates will preferably have existing commercial and relationship management experience. They will have very strong time management, project management, communication and commercial skills and be able to be self-administrating in all aspects of their work. Successful candidates will be ambitious, professional and enthusiastic. They will have a passion for the environmental vision of City Car Club but with a clear ability to ensure solutions are commercially viable and as profitable possible for City Car Club. Experience of the car sharing sector would be advantageous but not essential. Experience of the UK and specifically London developer market would also be a highly attractive feature for a candidate.
To apply for the vacancy and find out more, please email your CV or covering letter to email@example.com.