Jobs at City Car Club
Want to be part of the City Car Club team?
City Car Club is the UK’s leading car club, providing a cost effective, hassle-free and greener alternative to car ownership. We’re a young, dynamic and creative company in an exciting and innovative industry.
With membership increasing year on year, we’re growing at a rapid pace and as a result are always on the look out for new talent to join the team. City Car Club is an equal opportunities employer.
Please take a look at our current vacancies below or if you can’t see anything suitable but still think you have something to offer us, please email email@example.com.
No employment agencies please.
Hours: 30-40 hours p/w (flexi time an option)
Salary: Circa £25k depending on experience
Reports to: Head of Finance
2013 is set to be a big year for city Car Club – the company is currently experiencing huge growth, triggered by a rapidly increasing membership base. With more users than ever before we are looking for an experienced accounting professional to join a busy finance department and assist the Head of Finance in running all aspects of the accounts function.
The successful candidate will have experience in a technical accounting role. Qualification not essential but is desirable.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including:
- Trial Balance preparation (Accruals, Prepayments, Balance Sheet Reconciliations)
- Assisting with Bank Reconciliation Process
- Company credit card processing
- Preparation of the monthly finance pack
- Performance of cars and locations
- Preparation of monthly sales invoices and management information for key sales accounts
- Responsibility for processing the company payroll (via outsourced agency)
- Payment and processing of staff expenses
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT return
- Profit and Loss analysis and cost control to identify areas of potential saving
- Overseeing the recharging of costs to members (penalty charges, accident damage etc)
- Other ad-hoc duties as required including deputising for the Head of Finance
- Previous experience in a technical accounting role is essential
- Accounting qualification desirable but will consider qualification by experience
- A hard worker with a proactive approach
- A well organised individual with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good IT skills, especially excel and accounting software, are essential
- Friendly and approachable manner with the ability to fit in with a small head office team
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org