City Car Club for property developers, housing associations and travel planners
City Car Club has a vast amount of experience planning and implementing car clubs in a variety of developments ranging in size from 30 – 1000+ residential units. Whether you’re investigating the possibility of having a car club on-site, or just want to provide residents with access to local car club cars, we can work with you to make this happen.
Providing parking for every new property in a development is increasingly rare, especially in city centre developments. With increasing pressures to minimise the environmental impact of new developments, provide green transport options and maximise space, providing a car club is fast becoming the norm. And for good reason.
The Department of Transport recommends car clubs for their role in:
- Reducing traffic congestion
- Reducing on and off street parking pressure and
- Reducing CO2 and particulate pollution
Key benefits for developers include:
- Increasing the likelihood of gaining planning permission.
- Addressing a specific concern of the local authority or Section 106 requirement.
- Ability to sell the properties at the developments as ‘coming with a car’.
- Reducing the build cost and construction time by doing away with the need for expensive underground parking provision.
- Maximising space on-site.
- Contributing towards reducing the environmental impact of the development.
To find out how City Car Club can assist your organisation, please contact Keith Kelly on 0113 394 3981 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.